Friday 1 January 2016

Supplements to improve my MS symptoms

MS is an auto immune disease which causes inflammation in the body, for example in the optic nerve.  I can't stop or get rid of MS but I'm hoping to reduce some of this inflammation and therefore reduce the risks and pain and progress of the disease. 

To do this I'm going to try make changes to reduce inflammation.  These can be broken down into three categories:

1. supplements
2. dietary changes
3. lifestyle changes

1. Supplements:
I've done a lot of research into vitamins and minerals which have been proven to be effective in reducing inflammation and specifically had success for people living with MS.  There are only a few which are agreed to be beneficial but many more which are shown to have no negative effects and which might actually contribute to improvements for people.  So I've put together the following list of supplements which I will take daily, on top of a balanced diet, to hopefully improve my eye health first and secondarily my MS symptoms.

Agrimony
Barberry
Copper
Echinacea
Ginger
Magnesium
Selenium
Vit A
Vit B1
Vit B12
Vit C
Vit D
Vit E
Zinc

No comments:

Post a Comment