Tuesday 5 January 2016

First day of OMS eating plan

Yesterday I started the Overcoming MS eating plan which is designed to reduce inflammation and alleviate MS symptoms and stop progression of the disease (See this post for more details).

I was really stressed on Sunday night about starting it; worrying that it would trigger my eating disorder head and become obsessive or trigger the other eating disorder head and I'd just fail and need sugar.  I almost talked myself out of even trying but I'd bought all the food and made up smoothie bags ready to be blitzed and written my meal plan so I thought I might as well try and see what happens.

Well day one was fine. In fact it might be the first day I've ever tried a new meal plan and felt good.  I wasn't hungry and I wasn't demented from lack of sugar and I didn't even get snappy at Rachel.  I won't count my chickens though, I'll have yo go through the nightmare of sugar detox at some point this week and it won't be pretty.

Anyway...
Here's what I ate on day one and some photos of the smoothie bags, soups being cooked and my evening meal.

Green Smoothie
Roasted Veg Soup
Gluten free bread roll
Berry Smoothie
Chicken Risotto & salad
Peach and grapes

(The risotto is pink thanks to Rachel's inspired inclusion of beetroot)

No comments:

Post a Comment