Thursday 14 April 2016

Lhermitte's sign #AtoZofMS #AtoZChallenge #poetry


Lhermitte's sign
Lhermitte's sign (pronounced Ler-meets) is a sudden sensation resembling an electric shock that passes down the back of your neck and into your spine and may then radiate out into your arms and legs.

Look down to the floor
Careful how you go
If you're not careful
You'll get a shock

A real shock
Coming from your head
Shooting down your back
And into both your legs

At least that's my body
Everyone is different
That's the thing with MS
No standard presentation

Lhermitte's sign is usually triggered by bending your head forward towards your chest.  The feeling is not easily mistaken and yet I thought it was something everyone had since I don't remember not having it.


Find out more about MS at
MS Trust A to Z

Donate to MS Trust

I'm also writing an
A to Z of Blessings at LLM Calling

Find other blogs posting their A to Z this April 2016 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My MS electric shocks differ from this, starting wherever something touches me, like a dog leaping off me or licking the sole of foot. At the moment, I have a shock sensation that's trapped and cycling in my left hand. Will watch out for Lhermitte's sign though. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete