Wednesday 6 April 2016

Emotional lability #AtoZofMS #AtoZChallenge #poetry


Emotional Lability
This is an excessive emotional response to a minor stimulus.


Watching TV
Suddenly in tears
And recover

Reading a book
Laughing off the hook
And then stop

With friend who's down
Go more than just a frown
Take it all on

When it's good
It's unbelievably great
Yet it's not



Both extremes of happiness and sadness 
and other excessive emotions 
are different from mood swings
(which may also be experienced in MS).
It is possible, in fact likely,
that my previous diagnosis of Bipolar
is in fact emotional lability
caused by MS.


Find out more about MS at
MS Trust A to Z

Donate to MS Trust

I'm also writing an
A to Z of Blessings at LLM Calling

Find other blogs posting their A to Z this April 2016 

4 comments:

  1. I found that interesting, and once again learnt something I didn't know, your awareness raising is enjoyable with the use of your poetry, plus I like the short explanations at the end, this is really a great A to Z series.

    Mars xx
    @TrollbeadBlog from
    Curling Stones for Lego People

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm aware of the term emotional lability from my work doing medical transcription. I am sorry you are affected with it as a result of your MS. It is good you are sharing your journey though with it during the challenge!

    betty
    http://viewsfrombenches.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete