Sunday 7 February 2016

Milestone #poetry #blind


Milestones
To look back on
Good or bad
Memories lodged
Last three months
Full of milestones
Few bringing joy
Most weighed heavy
Milestones like millstones
Bringing life down
Not out; just down
Until now
Opportunity knocks
And come what may
This milestone
Is a change point
Light in the dark
Hope for the lost
A milestone

mumturnedmom

I usually write very ordered, rhyming and rhythmic poetry. This was a chance to try something new and it worked for me because I can't share the truth, not yet.  I'm glad to link up at The Prompt where we're all trying new writing challenges.

7 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful. It expresses a lot of what I've been going through too. I also like thatit ends on a positive note.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it just flowed straight onto the page and I was surprised by it's intesity

      Delete
  2. Isn't 'the prompt' a great linky, especially as it gets you trying new things. I struggled to find time to write anything for milestone, but this is a great poem. I really like 'milestones like millstones, bringing life down, not out; just down' It can be like that sometimes can't it? Hope the 'change point' is a postive one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a brilliant linky, I'm so pleased I found it. Thanks for the lovely comment

      Delete
  3. I love this, it takes us on quite a journey from being brought down to finding hope. Like Amy, I particularly like 'milestones like millstones'. Such a powerful image. Thank you so much for sharing with #ThePrompt, wonderful to have you join in. And, so sorry it's taken me so long to get over and comment, I was away for the weekend, without wifi (*shudders*)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a powerful poem beautifully written. The Prompt certainly gives you the opportunity to get out of your writing comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The industry is slowly but surely gaining momentum. While there are still many obstacles and challenges for companies in sextech, we can say with confidence that new opportunities are also opening up for them. https://cxdojo.com/sextech-panel-discussion-barriers-perspectives-for-startups

    ReplyDelete