Monday 15 February 2016

Gluten, dairy & sugar free brownies #friends #poetry

This is a little story
About friendship ultimate
This friend knew my love of cake
But understood my need for health
She saw that I was trying
To be oh so very good
And she went above
And beyond
To do the best
She could
To make me cake
My diet plan was stringent
No dairy or gluten at all
No sugar, except maple or honey
No sweetener, not even small
She scoured all over the internet
No corner left unsearched
And she found a promising recipe
But it ended up tasting like earth
Did she give up trying
No, she wouldn't give in
She found another recipe
Which also went in the bin
But on her third attempt
By which point any one else would have stopped
She found a complete success
And look at what I got
Brownies oh so yummy
Soft and gooey too
I never guessed what they're made of
And I bet you won't do too
Black beans, yes black beans
And maple syrup to be sweet
Cocoa powder for chocolate
And oats go in the mix
A few other small ingredients
But what really goes beyond
Is the chocolate chips from America
Of my friend I'm very fond
This is a little story
About friendship so complete
She made me these yummy brownies
Because she's so fabulously sweet.
XXX

This post is linked at:
CookBlogShare
Family Fever

3 comments:

  1. They sound lovely. And what a great friend you have.
    Thanks for sharing your review on #TriedTested this week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, we've tried the exact same black bean recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie and I totally agree that they're amazing....you really don't know they contain black beans unless you're told. I pimped the brownie recipe with some blackberries last autumn and that was amazing too. I love your poem too, and what a great friend you have trialling out the brownie recipes for you. #CookBlogShare
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these brownies look and sound so good! I will definitely be giving them a go. Thank you for sharing with #CookBlogShare x

    ReplyDelete