Friday 17 June 2016

What's the point in a bucket list?

A friend posted this bucket list on Facebook today and I was at a lose end so decided play along.

Been Married x
Fell in love x
Gone on a blind date x
Skipped school x
Watched someone give birth x
Watched someone die x
Been to France x
Ridden in an ambulance x
Been to America x
Been to Europe x
Been to Blackpool x
Been to Liverpool x
Been to Newcastle x
Visited Disneyland x
Visited Legoland x
Seen Grand Canyon x
Flown in a helicopter x
Been on a cruise x
Served on a jury
Danced in the rain x
Been to Manchester x
Been to Edinburgh x
Played in a band x
Sang karaoke x
Made prank phone calls x
Laughed so much you cried x
Caught a snowflake on your tongue x
Had children x
Had a pet x
Been sledging on big hill x
Been downhill skiing
Been water skiing
Rode on a motorcycle x
Traveled on a bus, train and coach x
Jumped out of a plane
Been to an outside movie x
Rode a camel x
Rode a Donkey x
Been on TV
Been in the newspaper x
Stayed in the Hospital x
Donated blood x
Gotten a piercing x
Gotten a tattoo x
Driven over 100 mph x
Been scuba diving
Lived on your own x
Rode in the back of police car x
Got a speeding ticket
Broken a bone x
Gotten stitches x
Travelled Alone x

--------------------------------

Apparently this is a UK Bucket List and it seems I'm doing quite well.  But the thing is, I still don't get the point.

Why do I want to write a list of things to do before I kick the bucket?  And, do I really think that the things I could write down will ever be things I'd look back on with regret if I failed to tick them off?

Well no, but then again, yes.  But in a very different way.  The list would be less about things and places and more about people and love.

Don't get me wrong, I really want to go to New Zealand; but since becoming ill it's not because of the place any more but more that I'd love to be with Rachel and experience her joy of a trip.

Mind you, it might be cool to be on the TV.

7 comments:

  1. I went through the same bucket list - with less ticks than you. I felt it was amusing, but not anything more. I try not to regret the things that I will never be able to do now - like go to New Zealand. Maybe I'm lucky that I can remember the things that I did do, like Downhill Skiing, and travelling overland to India. But you are right, the important things are the people and the love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you need to do a bucket list that means your life is/was pretty lame :( and you need other's attention/envy/approval to be happy.
    Be yourself, leave a full life not a busy one and you don't need a bucket list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But perhaps have a read of one every now and again and see if it sparks any ideas :)

      Delete
  3. I think this is one of the most significant information for me.
    And i’m glad reading your article.
    But should remark on some general things, the web site style is perfect,
    the articles is really great : D. Good job, cheersfootball betting tips.

    บาคาร่าออนไลน์
    โกลเด้นสล็อต
    gclub

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really appreciated your post, This would really provide the great information. Thanks for the post.
    Lightweight Transit Wheelchair

    Lightweight Folding Wheelchair

    Keep Posting:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. สล็อต PGSLOTแตกง่าย เล่นง่ายได้เงินจริงผู้ให้บริการเกมสล็อต pg slot ออนไลน์บนโทรศัพท์เคลื่อนที่ที่มีเกมนานาประการให้เลือก เป็นเกมรูปแบบใหม่ที่ทำเงินให้ผู้เล่นได้เงินจริง 

    ReplyDelete