Tuesday 17 May 2016

How accessible is my blog? #disability #images

This image contains a word
Can you read it?

Most of you will say, yes.  But many of those who are visually impaired can not read the word.  This is because they need to use screen reader software to "read" for them and this software has enormous trouble reading images. 

I am lucky, I can use my zoom software to make the image as large as I like to read the word.  And I thought I had made it clear enough that it would be accessible to everyone.  

But I was wrong.
We all need to better understand what it means for our websites to be accessible.  

Here are some simple tips:
provide a good level of contrast
write in plain English
use a clear font with good spacing
explain all images and videos in text
provide the text for any sound files

I hope this encourages you

(encourage was the word in the image)


8 comments:

  1. It's too easy to forget these sensible steps. Need to sort my site out. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem, glad it was helpful

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem, glad it was helpful

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed over read your blog post. Your blog have nice information,
    I got good ideas from this amazing blog
    goldenslot

    gclub online

    ReplyDelete
  5. Disability is not curse and anyone can overcome the hard time by proper utilizing of the modern technology. Rollators are commonly used nowadays by the disabled people and they are really very comfortable to use.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gclub8 คาสิโน รูปแบบใหม่ เปิด ให้บริการ 24 ชั่วโมง ด้วยระบบ ฝาก ถอนเงินแบบออโต้ PGSLOT จึงทำให้ได้รับความนิยม เว็บไซต์ คาสิโน ชั้น 1 อาณาจักรมีเพรียบ และ กองทัพเกมส์ เยอะมากนานา

    ReplyDelete
  7. Xoslotz ทาง เข้าเล่น สล็อตแบรนด์รายใหญ่ pg ให้เล่นมากยิ่งกว่า 11 บริษัทแนวหน้าและก็เว็บของพวกเราเป็นบริการเว็บไซต์รายใหญ่ที่พร้อมจะมีผลให้สมาชิกสมัครฟรีไม่มีค่าใช้จ่าย

    ReplyDelete